“My One Word” challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD. This process provides clarity by taking all your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single focus. Just one word that centers on your character and creates a vision for your future.” http://myoneword.org/
I have been selecting my one word for the past few years: possibilities, peace & joy, learn, treasure. My sister jumped on to the adventure this year choosing FUN as her word…anyone who knows her, knows fun. They also see generosity, creativity, compassion, love and more. Moments with her are always top notch – real, rich conversations…spontaneity…laugher. I am hoping to share some serious FUN with her in 2016!
As for me, I am selecting the word…
I have been puttering around my house in jammies ALL. DAY. LONG. Happy New Year to me. Being comfortable is where I am for 2016. Choosing to be comfortable in my own skin – to say yes to the things that matter and no to the things that don’t. Other areas that I hope to gain comfort this year include…
- living life in this middle generation – with aging parents/in-laws and young newlyweds that still seek advice at times
- sharing experiences in Haiti with others [comfort is sure to grow with additional team trips this year]
- my new job – 6 months in – still learning something every day – figuring things out
- fitness – letting go of any hopes to be a runner again and simply be ok being a walker 🙂
- owning a “less is more” mentality – simplify – declutter – organize
- clothing/shoes – comfort, sensibility (so intrigued by the minimalist wardrobe movement)
Cheers to a new year! Choose your word and let me know what you select.