It is that time once again…where I get the chance to start fresh…to move from the lazy days of summer into a season of routines. I have shared these crazy resolutions a couple of times…back in 2011 and in 2010…and it seems that the actual resolutions are very similar.
In fact, I think I will stick with the 2011 resolutions AGAIN! Here they are…
- Love God…love others…be an intentional listener…be present.
- Communicate face to face, plus emails, texting, snail mail, fb…
- Eat healthy breakfasts, lunches and dinners…
- …but splurge on the weekends and try some indulgent new recipes.
- Workout at least 3 times per week.
- Spend some quality time with the senior high girlies.
- Stay connected to the work begun in Haiti.
- Read the “good book”, a variety of books and blogs to be inspired to live life to it’s fullest.
- Get 8 hours of sleep…nap when I need to. (kinda want to increase that to 9!)
- Belly laugh as often as I can.
Today is my final day of summer vacation, as I return to work in the morning. I am savoring this long and lazy day, filled with great conversations with some of my fav people…even if it is through text messaging, phone calls and 10 minute drop in visits! I am checking things off of my to-do list…prepping for the Kozefò 5K this weekend…creating special education training presentations…planning birthday adventures with my “nearly 21 year old daughter!”
This year…I will seek joy.