Remember when you were young? Birthdays were all about the invitations, the decorations, the cake, the party bags…maybe even a sleepover! Many…a sleepover party in my day! Kinda wish I could have found a pic or two of some blasts from the past “Sleepover Parties” but then again….it is probably best that I did not.
So, now in my middle age years…these are some elements of my very perfect day…
- birthday poetry and gift cards taped to my steering wheel this morn (from my adorable hubby)
- phone calls from 3 favorite ladies: my mama, my sis, and my daughter
- sweet texts and Facebook messages (gotta love social media on days like this)
- a lunch….all alone…with a great cup of coffee…as I snuck away from work for a bit
- a crazy gift I helped choose…a new “home office space” in my sunroom…complete with a bulletin board ready to be filled with bits of inspiration
- tattoos and fireworks with my senior high girls!
- dinner [chips, salsa, guac, grilled shrimp, rice and ice cream cake dessert] with some fav chicas!
- yet to come…another dinner with friends…hh with another group…birthday celebrations that last and last and last…