I am a “sunshine girl”…who loves warm weather, walking along the beach, lounging in a hammock…
And yet, I live in the North Country, with cold temps, wind, blustery weather and snow. So I CHOOSE to embrace winter for all of it’s wonders (most days)…and today is one of those embracing days. I bundled up and hit the cross country ski trails…on my own…with an awesome mix of inspirational music on my iPod…just a little bit of winter wonderland. Awwww.
Other random things I do to embrace this season…
- wear layers…starting with cuddl duds
- snuggle up in handmade knit scarves (thanks mom!)
- drink hot coconut mocha coffee or peppermint tea with a drizzle of honey
- cozy in with a good book…currently reading A Homemade Life…with Falling Together and The Kitchen House waiting in the wings
- make a big pot of soup…tried this Cheesy Potato Soup last night!
- clomp around in a pair of furry warm boots
- watch/play a little boot hockey and sit by an outdoor fire
- savor comfort food like stacks of french toast, bowls of pasta, or baked chocolate treats
- hang twinkle lights or burn a candle
Sending cozy warm thoughts your way my friends!