We took the boys on a field trip today that makes my hike in Puerto Rico look like a walk in a park!
- ELEMENT OF SURPRISE/ANTICIPATION-we headed out for an adventure, with an open mind and a vague plan-ready for anything
- DANGER -trucks and motorcycles traveling along the roads-so we would stand at the side of the road single file as they drove by 🙂
- WILDLIFE-dogs, pigs, cows…an extensive ant colony that was overtaking a tree
- NATURE-we walked under enormous Mapou Trees, collected Mangoes, jumped over fresh water springs, climbed hills and hiked through a rocky ravine
- IMAGINATION-there were sticks gathered and carried and stuffed down the back of their shirts as though they were carrying their “weapons”
- ADVENTURE and HISTORY- as our “Tour Guide Feliz” (pronounced like Feliz Navidad) whom we discovered in the Mango Forest, led us up a hillside, through a cemetery and out to a spectacular view of Port au Prince
- SNACKS-bottles of water from a boutique in the back of a truck, and fresh mangoes that dripped down their faces as they ate and walked
What more could we have asked for?