The cold weather has hit…and it is certainly time to enjoy a little comfort food. The menu making continues to be attempted in my household each week, so I decided to go public with it again, seeing a plea from a friend on facebook looking for meal ideas.
My goal is to try one new recipe each week, so my girlie and I will be attempting French Onion Soup tomorrow. However, I am also picking up another part-time job this week…since this occurs after my normal working hours, I will be arriving home later each night…and hungrier than ever. 🙂
That is where my personal chef jumps in. She has just begun offering meals-to-go on her blog each week…so two of my meals will be compliments of her culinary skills. Check out My Dream Cafe-amypersonally meals-to-go to see what meals are available each week. Her granola will be a breakfast staple as well each morning!
Another tip that I am attempting to implement – enjoy fresh fruit/veggies every night as I am cooking and preparing dinner. (thanks to one of my b’studs for that idea!)
- sunday-chili, cornbread muffins, raw veggies
- monday-french onion soup, salad
- tuesday-bbq ribs, baked potatoes, green beans
- wednesday-tator tot hotdish (mn staple!) necessary before my girl returns to college
- thursday-italian sausage & meatballs with sweet basil marinara sauce, italian salad
- friday-date night!
- saturday-roasted pepper & corn sausage soup