It is a rainy, lazy day…perfect for experimenting and varying a new taco soup recipe…it is simmering on the stove right now. Smelling pretty good.
In looking at the 5 day forecast, I see we have a couple of nice days ahead, so I intend to put the grill master to work…and then we will celebrate his b’day, so menu making this week does not look too bad! Hoping to try two new recipes on Thursday night. Yummmms.
- Monday-Grilled Pork Chops with fresh green beans
- Tuesday-Grilled Sausages and Peppers on tortillas and corn on the cob
- Wednesday-“Birthday Dinner” for my boy, near the Twins Stadium prior to the baseball game
- Thursday-Chicken Breasts with Fontina and Prosciutto with Lemon Orzo Salad with Veggies
- Friday-Date Night! Most likely Chicken Wings and Pizza…
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Cups hot water
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Corn kernels, cut fresh from 1-2 ears
- 1 cup pasta (I used cavatappi)
- When Serving: Cheddar Cheese,Fritos, green onions, sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook and crumble beef and onions until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until passta is cooked (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese, Fritos, sliced green onions and a dollop of sour cream.