Today officially ends my birthday week. It has truly been a week of highs and lows…blessings and sadness. Truly – all I really need is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head! Am I asking for too much?
My sister’s family gathers at the dinner table each night and each member shares their highs and lows of the day. My 7 year old nephew was in the back seat of my car this week, sharing his high and low…so adorable as he reflected on his day!
Let me recap just a few of my highs and lows from the b’day week…
- a very blessed easter family gathering with great conversation and time together
- a trip to the clinic at the U of M with my niece who has Cystic Fibrosis
- a birthday letter from my sweet girl and a dinner date with my hubby
- a letter to alert me that my job was eliminated due to budget cuts (not a surprise…but still a little stressful as I begin to search for my next adventure)
- facebook messages full of incredible birthday wishes
- a facebook message that a friend’s partner died
- several birthday outings with my favorite girls
- news of cancer for another dear friend
- fun gifts of music, books, cookbooks, kitchen tools, flowers and more
Another year older…another year wiser. A life full of joys and sorrows.
So once again…let me remind you all to savor the life you live…embrace the changes you may need to make…and live with hope that can only come through faith and love…
…and eat a little chocolate…it makes all things better! 🙂