Typically we have spent spring break traveling…lounging on a beach…hiking a canyon…dining on food in another city…relaxing as a family. However, this year we opted to stay right here in Minnesota…and then a snowstorm fell on the city…AND we still managed to have some fun…
- cheered UND Sioux hockey to victory
- snuck into a friend’s hot tub!
- hosted dinner (see the lovely mile high lemon cake below a friend baked to share)
- enjoyed a bucket of popcorn at an afternoon matinee with my sweet hubby
- rented movies from redbox
- finished 2 books…radical and pearl in the sand
- strep test at the clinic…negative
- napped and played backgammon
- surfed the internet and discovered the most amazing weddings…and chocolate dipped macaroons…and reminisced about this vacation spot
- viewed photos on facebook of our friends vacationing…in cabo san lucas and the grand caymans…at disneyworld and spring training…on a caribbean cruise ship…and no sunburn for my hubby this year!
- crab cakes, stuffed olives, pineapple-kiwi-mango salad, crackers and boursin
- punch pizza salad-mixed greens, pine nuts, parmesan, prosciutto in a balsamic vinaigrette
- marinara and alfredo stuffed pasta shells
- homemade bread
- mile high lemon cake