My health and fitness goals for 2011 have been hurting during these dark winter months…I have been happy to eat comfort food and wear big bulky sweaters..but enough is enough and I am reclaiming a healthier lifestyle this week.
My college roommate (who now lives SEVERAL hours away from me) and I have had an accountability partnership for the past few years: 30 minutes of cardo 3 x per week…OR we owe the other a $5 starbucks card. Well…the $15 card is in the mail…it has been a rough 3 weeks where I have not really elevated my heart rate beyond it’s resting state.
But this week…I hit the gym 4 times!!! 🙂 My other fit friend (a personal trainer) set me up with a new weight routine, I attended a fitness yoga class, and I even got some cardio completed on a machine. The snow is actually melting here in the tundra, so I could possibly even get some outdoor time in my sneakers this week.
Here is a great cardio mix on my ipod that keeps me inspired and moving….
- Free to Be Me…Francesca Batistelli
- Dog Days are Over…Florence & the Machine
- Me Love…Sean Kingston
- Pure Heart…Ultra Beat
- Love Him Like I Do…Deitrick Haddon, Mary Mary & Ruben Studdard
- Let it Roll…Group One Crew
- I’m Letting Go…Francesca Batistelli
- Hallelujah..Spensha Baker
- God is Good…Regina Belle
- Love is in the House…TobyMac