- first that i am blessed by a savior that chose to come as a sweet babe…watched “the nativity” with my girl on a christmas day road trip to north dakota
- i have a family that loves me and shares in making memories…from sledding, to playing games (yahtzee, take two, checkers and rummy were favs this season), to reflecting on the blessings of the year, to late night conversations
- i have friends that call and text and drop in…they build me up and hold me accountable…they hold impromptu b’day parties and schedule movie dates and happy hours…they share advice and book ideas and mix cd’s
- i read a few good books…on my kindle! yes i caved to technology and am loving it! sharing an amazon acct with friends is very cool
- i listened to great christmas music…”the child of the promise” is a treasured family sing along musical… and discovered a local artist as a gift from my sis..shout out to Roy Colbert!
- i ate delicious food…steak and shrimp fondue…bbq ribs and twice baked potatoes…cream cheese almond sugar cookie stars, krumkake, lefse and sandbakkels served with a scoop of raspberry sherbet
- i received some great gifts…a thoughtful trio of eating, praying and loving from my girl, an upcoming family trip to palm springs, a concert ticket to amy grant and mws, a great red cross to hang in my entryway and a few sweet norwegian treasures
When all is said and done…it was another treasured Christmas. Blessings to you all!
p.s. thanks for reading my blog and allowing me to share a little peek into my thoughts and ponderings 🙂