It is that time of year when the berries are in the market…blueberry season has hit Minnesota in the past couple of weeks and the farmer’s market has flats of big juicy raspberries…so here is my favorite summer delight! Luckily the weather cooled off enough this evening to bake a little crisp. This recipe was torn out of a newspaper, so I am unable to really give any credit to it’s creator….so sorry. It is delish! Not only am I living “half-full,” but my cup runneth over…or at least my berries runneth over! 🙂
triple berry crisp
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch pie plate.
- Gently combine the berries with the sugar, flour and cinnamon; place in the prepared pie plate.
- Prepare the topping: Combine the oats, flour, both sugars and salt in a bowl. Use a pastry blender or two knives to work in the butter until topping resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove the crisp to a rack to cool slightly. Serve in dessert bowls with real whipped cream or ice cream.