Joined a girlfriend on her patio for coffee this morning. She is my writer-thinker-speak the truth kind of friend! We discussed travels, family dynamics, raising kids, movies to see and books to read. It is always a joy to spend time with her…she makes me think and ponder life…she passed on a book to read and a few movie ideas for renting. I am blessed to have such great people in my life that just make it so much richer.
Once we get chatting about books, I always need to get out a scrap of paper to write them down so I remember the next time I am on Amazon.com or at the library or at the cute little used bookstore in town.
Here is what I am currently reading…The Wonder Spot by Melissa Bank. Quirky, yet fun summer reading! My friend passed on Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri…short stories that explore individuals crossing the path between India and America. I need to end this silly blogging and open up my books!
But first…here is a list of books I have read with my bookclub ladies over the past year…
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Beach Trip by Cathy Holton
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
- 31 Hours by Masha Hamilton
- One Day by David Nicholls.
- The Necklace by Cheryl Jarvis
- Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore